Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mmmm, baby smell

So, since it's now May, I'm officially able to say that I'm due NEXT MONTH! Which is exciting and nervewracking all at the same time. As anxious as I am to meet this little person who has grown under my heart for the last 8 months, it's a bit frightening to think about adding another child to this crazy mix I call my home! So far, this child's needs are pretty easy to tend to, and rather enjoyable to me really ~ when else can you eat like crazy and gain a ton of weight and people tell you how great you look?!
But now that we're truly down to the home stretch, I decided to finally get a move on some final preparations. It was fun and exciting to think about labor and to write up our contact list for who to call when baby arrives! And one of my favorite parts of preparation... baby laundry! I love pulling out the teeny tiny onesies and sleepers and gowns, washing them in that distinct Dreft detergent and smelling that wonderful baby smell as I fold all those little clothes. Just burying my face in a fresh sleeper makes me feel so excited and maternal! So, now I've got stacks of clean and folded baby clothes waiting to be put away..... which unfortunately is going to have to wait until after I get myself to the chiropractor and fix the problem that is rendering me unable to bend, sit or walk! So, now I just recline in the midst of all the baby smell and try to just enjoy it and ignore the rest of my mess.... One thing at a time!

No comments: