Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Buds in Blossoms

I haven't posted in a couple weeks, because I've been a little overwhelmed by life in general and when that happens I tend to pull back and isolate myself to gain some control. As of right now, I wouldn't say that control has been gained, but I'm working on my new belief that "the busyness of my daily life, does not need to result in the chaos of my spirit" - so I'm trying to slow my brain down, and rest in my spirit, even if my body can't.

One of the big and exciting things happening right now is the unofficial "launch" of our new floral design business. This is something that my sister, Jessi and I have tossed around for quite a while. I absolutely love working with flowers, and also love to save a bride some cash! I've done a couple of showers, parties and two weddings so far, and they've been quite successful. I love the hands-on part of it, and Jess totally blows me away with her organization and people skills, besides the fact that we function as one complete person when we're together; therefore we are feeling quite certain that ours can be a very fulfilling partnership! So our business will be called Buds in Blossoms; with the double meaning of 'friends in the business of flowers'! Our wonderful and unbelievably talented friend Angie is currently working on some awesome ideas for our logo and business cards. And we are receiving so much encouragement from our family and friends, which has been a huge blessing. And, so far, we have one wedding for August and we are meeting with a potential client this weekend for a wedding next May! I'm very excited at how this is all happening, though feeling a little inadequate as well. I really think it's so cool though to see how God is really stretching me in so many areas, using things that I really enjoy and that I believe are God-given talents, and leading me into areas that I previously would never had opportunity or guts for! Here's some pictures of some flowers that we've done; in order - Michelle's shower centerpieces, Cammi's wedding piano arrangment, Laura's wedding bouquet (my personal fave!).

6 comments:

Jessi said...

Hey, I was gonna post about this too...but now I can steal your pics!! Do you have any more from Laura's? Like any chuppah shots?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bets said...

Actually I don't have any good shots of the chuppa, which stinks...

Danae said...

Very nice!! It all sounds like so much fun and OF COURSE you have the talent to make it happen. I'll be sending you good luck vibes!!!

Holly said...

Well aren't you two making the most of your gifts! Good for you! I'm so happy for ya! I hope it goes well and that you love every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Jessi for taking a the opportunity to use your gifts and being able to earn something, too. It helps to have someone with you when you try something new.

I have been working on trying to quiet my spirit in the midst of the chaos around me. I have not been very successful so far but at least I am aware of my need to work on this. I am realizing my need to know God as my loving Father. Not a distant person but someone interested in my welfare just as I am with my kids.

It is comforting to know we are a work in progress and it's a good place to be.

love you, Denise