Monday, September 29, 2008

Warning: whining alert!


Alright, I'm going to sound completely ungrateful; but I've gotta vent, and as a result give some friends and family a head's up regarding my Queen Cranky-pants funk that I'm in. As much as I'm excited out of my head about my lovely house; I'm just really tired of the transition period. I held it together while there was work for me to be doing, though it was tiring - I at least felt like I was accomplishing something. But, now I feel rather stalled. I can only go so far with the "packing" thing because there's only so much room here for boxes and it already is becoming quite a hassle to move boxes just for the kids to get to the toy closet, or their beds for that matter! I'm frustrated with the carpet guy not getting the work done when he said he would. I can't get the girls' schoolroom set up and more organized so I can actually crack down on the schoolwork, which also has been rather difficult when our internet doesn't work in bad weather and we've had a lot of rain lately. We have a mouse issue again. Our schedules have been so crazy and the girls haven't gotten regular naps and their attitudes are really starting to show it. 'Aunt Flo' is overdue, surely due to stress, but therefore I'm not getting a break from the hormones either. I've had a stress-induced tic in my right eye for 4 days that is driving me batty. I haven't had a chance to really thank the people who've been helping so much. I haven't had a chance to connect with anyone in a general way at all lately. I feel totally not myself - and frankly, I miss me!
So, for you - my dear and precious friends and family who are faithful readers of my blog - I love you all dearly. You have been such a blessing to me with your encouraging words, your shared excitement, your prayers, your babysitting, your hardwood floor laying, your sharing of your husbands for hard labor, in general your servant's hearts. And - as my gift to you - I give you this warning - I am horribly cranky and stressed - and I ask for grace. :o)

5 comments:

Jessi said...

You've definitely got grace - and prayers and understanding - from me! Let me know if there's anything else I can do...though I pretty much figure there's not, besides pray (for ALL you mentioned)!

I love you!!

seedsower1962 said...

Hang in there Bets.I can take Joelle tomorrow.Maybe on Wed afternoon I can take Joelle and Eva.

Anonymous said...

Hey, a little whining never hurt anybody, right?! I wish I could do something to help but just know that I have been thinking about you and missing your posts...

Anonymous said...

Everyone's entitled to vent...and I can understand the frustration. It's only for a time- soon you will be fully moved in and you can relax a little!! Hang in there! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!
Anita

Holly said...

Hang in there Cuz! Ventings good, and grace is free! I sure wish I was closer so I could help, but since I'm not, I'll sure be praying! Love you!