Sunday, October 19, 2008

We are the pirates....


who are trying to do everything....argh is right. We've been so busy just trying to get back to normal life; still slowly "moving in" to the house, getting back on track with school, recovering from a stress fracture in my wrist, preparing flowers for and attending my grandmother's funeral, Joey's back to regular work hours and the wood stove is requiring lots of attention and time, getting ready for my first home demonstration parties in the new house, and already thinking about the upcoming holidays and the openhouse. Oi - I'm tired. Anyhow - last night we went to a pirate themed birthday party for a sweet friend, and of course, we had to go in full (homemade) costumes - because we really just love to dress up. I had a great time putting our outfits together and we had a great time at the party - we did a lot of laughing watching the karaoke gang!! And since I was told that I needed to blog - there you have it - what the last two weeks have been like in a nutshell, with pictures!
Joey's outfit was created from a shower curtain I found on clearance that turned into his tunic and boots - isn't he a handsome pirate??!!
My outfit was a blouse and a dress from Goodwill; I cut off the dress and wore it backwards and hot glued ribbon to the front to create the corset effect - and Joey particularly liked the wild red wig!
And here's some other random pictures from the last 2 weeks; all of Jess' gang was here for dinner; Eva gets very upset about being sent to the corner; Evie loves to hide in the kitchen cabinets (and stays very quite and giggles when I can't find her!); the girls had fun painting one family night; and Eva's other new trick is trying to stand on her head - obviously Eva has been entertaining us a lot lately!



1 comment:

Jessi said...

Love all the pics!! Wish I had gotten one of Todd & I...not that we came anywhere close to you guys!!