Thursday, August 30, 2007

Someone else's husband...

Today was a good day. Eva slept 10 hrs straight last night - hallelujah! And then I made a big meal for a family from church who just had a baby, and made the same for my own family. I find that I really enjoy cooking, and it makes me happy and excited for dinner time, but I just hate to clean up! I'm really looking forward to having a dishwasher!
Tonight we popped in to see my cousin, Holly and her husband, David, who are up from North Carolina for a funeral. We visited for about an hour and had a nice time. When Holly started dating David, he was a perfect fit for our family from the start and we enjoy them as a couple very much. On the way home, I was saying to Joey how much I enjoy talking to them, and I think David is so cute - he's just a sweet, round little teddy bear of a guy. I hear Lily pipe up from the back, "Mom you can't say that." I asked her why and she said, "Cause he's somebody else's husbin!". I really laughed, cause it was so sweet, but I was amazed and glad that she gets that concept at 4 years old! Obviously she doesn't understand the difference between this and attraction, but it's a good basis! I also think it's so cute when she talks about things she wants to do when she grows up, but always refers to it as, "when I'm a mom", so I guess all adult women in her mind are mothers!
Tomorrow will be a busy day, office work, schoolwork and housework - oh my! Wow-ee, in bed before midnight tonight - yay me!

No comments: