Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update

I haven't updated in quite a while, and I apologize to those of you who log on regularly - waiting with bated breath while my page loads, only to sigh in disappointment to discover I still haven't blogged anything new. The last several weeks were difficult, as I struggled through physical therapy and my regular life that was rather impeded by my lack of mobility. But the therapy paid off and I am now fully walking! They released me from the physical therapy last week on the condition that I would buy weights and continue my excercises at home at least 3 times a week. So, now Joey gets the joy of watching me doing leg lifts and squats. But, my leg is definitely improving - so praise the Lord for that.
In other news, we'd (meaning me and Jessi) been busy helping to plan a Valentines event with another church. It was a dessert and dancing party - which was a great success. Jess and I did all the floral arrangements, which turned out lovely and yet once again, we didn't get any good pictures. But I also made some new desserts - which turned out awesome! I'm very excited to have some new recipes to pull out for company and parties! I made Mini Java Cakes, Cheesecake Cookie Cups, Smores Cupcakes (which I had made before - yum), Mini Lemon Tartlets and Dulce Le Leche Cream Cake. Unfortunately, there was tons of left overs and I've been having to take care of those over the last several days - oy. I had great intentions of wanting to don my adorable new apron over my dress and get some pics of my lovely desserts to post here - but unbelievably, was running late and didn't get a chance to do it. Story of my life. *sigh*
On Monday, we threw together a little Valentines party for our kids. We weren't going to do anything, but they kept saying, "when are we doing our party with the pink pancakes?", so it looks like we started a tradition! Turned out to be a great time for all!
We've also been working on plans for my mom's wedding coming up in May. Overall, it's going well. It's an adjustment, and there's a lot to deal with in that situation - but God is good.
So, other than getting back into the swing of regular life, with schooling, and catching up on the cleaning that lagged for weeks - not much else exciting happened lately. Sorry to disappoint ya'll! But, we are throwing Anna's long-awaited birthday sleepover this weekend, so I'll be able to post some pics of that soon.
In the meantime - here's some random pics from the last couple days.



4 comments:

Jessi said...

Welcome back to blogland!

Anonymous said...

It seems funny to me that most of the kids are in short-sleeve shirts. I am SO jealous of your free heat!!
Anita

Anonymous said...

fun

Anonymous said...

The "bow" picture is awesome! Gotta love little girls into getting "prettied up." :)