Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fever

What is it about fevers that make me so fearful? Puking, coughing, sneezing, whatever - no problem; but I don't like messing with fevers! There is nothing I hate worse than putting my babies to bed when they have a fever. The other night Joelle spiked a fever during the day, which we fought with Motrin. But it's a different story at bedtime for me. Her temp was like 103, and we gave her more medicine, but I didn't want to put her to bed until her temp came down. Her sisters prayed for her before they went to bed, and I was just going to rock Joelle for a bit till she was cooler. But she just cried and said she wanted her big girl bed. A while after we tucked her in, I walked by her room and peeked in, and saw she was still awake. So, I went in and covered her up again and was just rubbing her back and she kicked me out! She told me, "Out mommy". Oh - break my heart! Apparently she is unlike her sisters, who just want to be held when they're sick, well, and me for that matter! It's hard for me to comprehend that she just wanted to be left alone! Anyway, after about an hour, she finally fell asleep - snoring like crazy. Joey checked on her when he went out to the fire, and she was finally cool, so I was finally able to rest. I think I must be projecting my need to be comforted and cared for when I'm not feeling well, onto my children! Well, every kid is different - I guess this one's independant like her daddy! Won't it be interesting to see what #4 is like?!

No comments: