Monday, March 26, 2007

She's so clever!

I really enjoy Anna at this age. The thought processes of a six (almost 7) year old are impressive and often lead to amazing conversations and conclusions. I'm often floored just realizing how smart she is! And usually she uses her intelligence for good....
But I was in the kitchen doing dishes while the girls happily played 'Simon says' in the living room. They were doing a good, if not repetitive job, even taking turns. I'm listening to the typical, "Stand on one foot", "Pat your tummy", "Rub your head" -type of instructions. Then, I hear Anna say, "Simon says jump up!" Followed by, "Hahaha, I win, Simon didn't say to come down!". I was shocked! As soon as I turned around and gave her a look, she giggled and allowed her sisters to continue the game. As much as I didn't want her to manipulate the game to her advantage that way with her little sisters, I had to admit that I was proud of her thinking! I just couldn't get over how clever that was! Still, just thinking about it makes me chuckle....

No comments: