Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Country Chicken 'n Biscuits

So, I'm trying to make better meals for my family. So this past week has gone pretty well, and I thought I'd post what we had for dinner. I figure it'll help me keep track of what went over well and what flopped. Last night we had 'Country Chicken 'n' Biscuits'

Preheat oven to 375*
Combine in a greased 9x13 baking dish:
8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
2 c. cooked chopped chicken
1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables
1 c. chopped tomatoes
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Combine 1 can cream of chicken soup and 2/3 c. milk and pour over casserole.
Bake, covered, at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
Prepare biscuit topping:
1 1/2 c. Bisquick
1/2 can french fried onions
2/3 c. milk
Drop by spoonfuls to form 6 biscuits around edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered 15-20 minutes more, or until biscuits are golden brown.
Top with other half can of french fried onions and bake 2-3 minutes longer till onions are toasted.


My family absolutely LOVED this meal - Even Lily - we will be making this one again! And it didn't make a whole lot of dishes, so that's a plus for me.

No comments: