Saturday, July 19, 2008

Busy and hot day...

I thought today was going to be kind of a lazy Saturday; stay home with the girls, do a little cleaning while Joey worked on digging trenches or something very important for the house. I did debate about taking the girls to Passionfest, but decided I just wasn't up to braving it on my own. But at lunch time, Joey decided he'd take a break from the very hot work, and we could all go to Passionfest together. So, once everyone was outfitted with baseball hats and lots of sunscreen and plenty of cold drinks in our cooler - we headed out. Now, let me explain - Passionfest is a very cool Christian outreach hosted by a bunch of churches in Pottstown. It's awesome to see all sorts of different people pulling together with a common vision. It's a collection of kid's games, fair food, a few vendors, and some amazing entertainment - professional skateboarders, stunt bike riders, both regular bikes and dirt bikes (I am told this is called BMX and Motorcross - as if I should know what that is) and several concerts. Honestly it's not my kind of thing. Let's be real - most events that involve Porta-potties are not my kind of thing. BUT I must say I actually had a lot of fun today. The kids had a fantastic time playing the (free!) games, I got to have funnel-cake, I got to show off my babies to some people I haven't seen in quite a while, and I'll admit it - I really enjoyed the dirt bike show. Though it was unbelievably hot, we came home this evening very tired, sweaty and happy. All the girls collected a bunch of goofy little prizes from the 'kid-zone' and Anna even won the drawing for a brand new skateboard. Which she has no idea how to ride. Or do you not "ride" a skateboard.... Anyway - a good day was had by all, and Joey was still able to dig for a couple of hours when we came home.
As a side not - I am amused with Eva's growing vocabulary, as we discovered today that she can say "Elley" and "I do it". Her new favorite phrase is "little man" - which she sings as she pushes the buttons on the tv, trying to turn on her current favorite video which features "Zacheus was a wee little man". She is - in a word - adorable.

2 comments:

Laura said...

i won't be surprised if anna gets good at skateboarding... i'm sure michele could show her a thing or two

Jessi said...

Maybe Eva's just asking for Uncle Todd...