Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Postured for change....

I was really challenged by Jessi talking on Sunday about being "postured for change". It's really easy for me to get going with a plan, even if it's a seemingly God-willed plan; and then get so into the momentum of it all that I can't handle when God decides to throw in a sharp turn. Without a doubt, I believe that our building this house, through this particular process, with these particular people, and at this particular time - is God's plan. Over and over again, we've seen His hand at work, and have felt such peace and seen such confirmation through so much of this process. But, now, that there was a "sna-fu"; I am having a hard time readjusting MY OWN plans.
Yesterday our builder guy called and told us that it looks like we won't be able to have delivery of our house until the last week of August - which is a good 2 weeks later than we originally had thought. 2 weeks doesn't seem like a huge deal, but it was a disappointment to me because that's also the week the girls are supposed to start school. I know - with my head- that we'll be able to work it out; we have a lot of people offering to help with stuff, and I can probably adjust the girls' school schedule to allow for the work we'll need to be doing on the house and getting ready to move. But, in my flesh, my initial frustration and disappointment, was more than I can handle right now. I will admit that I had a melt-down.
But now, after a fairly good night's rest - I'm trying to look at the situation in a different light. My heart truly wants every aspect of our house building process to be glorifying to the Lord. It has been awesome to watch God orchestrate the details of this experience, when on our own, none of it would have been possible. This is not MY house, it's something that God has entrusted to us, for His purposes; and I need to get my focus back on that. It's not a surprise to God that the girls need to start school that week. It's not a surprise to God that someone else ordered a bunch of condos built before our house. And, so I need to readjust my stance, so I can be "postured for change". Like a Gladiator (or maybe Elasti-girl!); I need to be light on my feet, flexible and nimble, ready to duck, sway or jump to handle whatever comes at me.

But I am also so very grateful that the Lord is gentle with me, and loving and encouraging even in His correction. And I witnessed that this morning, when the furniture store called to tell me that our furniture was delayed and won't be available until....you guessed it - the last week of August. See - I know that God loves me.

6 comments:

Laura said...

great post... and the picture just makes it better.
you and your patience are amazing.

Laura said...

the picture just makes your post perfect.
your patience is amazing.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is... what an outfit!! Only you could pull of that look! :)
Thanks for the update. We continue to keep you in our prayers!
Anita

Jessi said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better...and pretty amazing about the furniture. Isn't it amazing how God always seems to know what He's doing?

Holly said...

Don't you feel like sometimes the Lord askes us to do more than we think we can?!? But as you just proved - He doesn't!

Hang in there - we're praying for you guys and I am know that the Lord will continue to bless you all since you SO want Him to have ALL The glory!

seedsower1962 said...

I love that pic ! That was the most fun I have seen a family have together!