Monday, July 14, 2008

God is so good!

How cool is God?! He blessed us in the most random way today!
so, since it rained yesterday, it was too muddy for Joey to dig tonight, so we decided to have a date to go pick up our tile and hardwood that had arrived at Home Depot. We had to drive 2 separate cars so we could drop the girls off, and then pick up the 3 skids of flooring on the flatbed from the greenhouse. So, I left first while Joey was getting the truck ready, and I pass Levengood's Flowers and notice that it looks like they have a florist's cooler outside on the lift of a tractor, which is weird because yesterday coming home from church, Joey had noticed a cooler being loaded on a pick-up. I called Joey and asked if he could check it out. He called down to Levengood's and asked what they were doing with the coolers. Turns out that the 3 door cooler they had had broken, and it would cost nearly $1000 to fix the leak, so when they heard about someone going out of business, they decided to buy his cooler; but when they got it back, they discovered that they couldn't get it into the shop! So, they sold them both to us for the price they paid for the used one - $700! So, we can just store the broken one in case we decide to fix it down the road - but we now have a working one! And just in time for our first wedding next weekend! What a round about story - but what an awesome blessing. Totally not something that we had to strive for, or figure out, or worry over - God just poured out his lavish grace once again.
And - a note about the hardwood that we got.... When we ordered it 2 weeks ago, the lady told us that they were running really LONG on their special orders, so it could take over a month to get here! But God's timing obviously was different! Again - How cool is God?!

7 comments:

karenmom2aaron said...

It is really amazing how God puts things into place for us just when we need it the most. There are many times we dont get what we want but he always seems to meet our needs....... I am laying in bed and its storming outside. I love thunder.. it reminds me of Gods power. God Bless. Karenmom2aaron

Jessi said...

I was waiting to post about this cuz I figured you would and now I don't have to re-type it all...I'll just link to yours!! How lazy am I to actually have pre-meditated all that?!?!?

Yay for God and flowers and refrigeration!!!

Adriana said...

I love your blog, the pics of your family and your current house (even if it has mice LOL)! Your family deserves all the good things that are happening to you, keep up the good job!

Holly said...

That is totally cool! It's like reading a well written novel keeping up with you guys and all the really neat things the Lord is doing for you all! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Anonymous said...

that's really awesome. god is pretty cool

Anonymous said...

Love this testimony. God puts the "cool" in cooler, huh?
Sorry, that was corny.
:)

Anonymous said...

That was me (Zoanna) above. I don't know if my name took. I followed Jessi's link.