Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of school

Welp, today was our first day of school - 3rd grade for Anna and Kindergarten for Lil. I would not say it went well. Understandably learning a new system is difficult - so I expected that it'd take a while to settle into the actual school program. But I was completely astounded with how consuming it is. It basically took the better part of my day to accomplish 2 subjects with Lily and 3 with Anna. Right now, I have no idea how anything will ever get accomplished around my house until about June. The set up we have for the girls - sharing our home computer in our bedroom - is not going to work well. I did try printing off more of their work for tomorrow, so hopefully we can split them up a little and have them both working at the same time. Add to the mix, that tomorrow is Joey's birthday and I have to run to the store for the ingredients to make a fantastic meal, and clean up the house for our dinner company, and wash and clean the car for my "acts of service love language" man. It's a good thing that there's a holiday next week, so hopefully we'll catch up with the schoolwork that I'm struggling to accomplish this week. And hopefully I'll get the rest of my materials soon too, cause that's creating yet more difficulty in following the lesson plans. I am so not cut out to be a teacher. Public school is looking better all the time. I'm feeling pretty discouraged - (pms not playing a factor at all I'm sure!).

7 comments:

Momma E said...

Awww hang in there. You will get in a good groove with it. Just like with normal school, it will take a little bit for everything to fall into place.

And if not, public school won't be the end of the world! lol

Holly said...

Bets - hang in there! Every teacher hates the first few days of school - and when teaching kindergarten - I really didn't like it until about October! It's hard! Hang in there, it'll get better!
But I think homeschooling would be harder than a "regular teaching" job - I sure don't think I could do it!

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers. You amaze me with all you do as a mom- I couldn't attempt to do all of that:)
Anita

Anonymous said...

Yes you are a teacher who is quite capapble of conquering even this. Relax (oh I forgot you are Jessi's sister :), sorry Jess) you will get it all figured out despite all the roadblocks you are encountering now. You have an excellent support system of friends so just ask and you will get prayers galore. And happy birthday Joe.

Jessi said...

uh-huh...I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

hugs to you and your busy schedule...

Remember God does not give us that which we cannot handle. I have a strong feeling you are meant to teach, and can do this just fine. Have Faith and Courage...and the hecticness will pass once you learn the system I am sure.

Anonymous said...

the set looks awesome! keep enjoying all of this! :)