Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thirteenth (and final) day

On the thirteenth day of Thankfulness, my blessings to share with thee...
1. I'm thankful for God's amazing patience with me.
2. I'm thankful for God's provision.
3. I'm thankful for a husband who's a giver.
4. I'm thankful for the Christmas season.
5. I'm thankful for the internet - without which I would lose touch with the world.
6. I'm thankful for my ears to hear the joyful sound of my children's laughter.
7. I'm thankful for my eyes to see my children learning and growing every day.
8. I'm thankful for my arms with which to embrace my family and friends. (and they're extra long arms too - I give good hugs)
9. I'm thankful for my nephews, through which I have learned that boys can be boys, with all their rough and tumble ways - and yet still be sweet, kind, caring and well behaved little men - they give me hope that I might be able to handle it if God blessed me with a son.
10. I'm thankful for freckles. It was one of the first things about Joey that I fell in love with; and now I'm thrilled that Elley's got an abundance of them from her daddy! But best of all is when Elley climbs in bed with me in the morning, pets my face until I am fully awake and announces "you have to pick your favorite freckle for today!", and I pick one out and then have to find and kiss that particular one all througout the day! Precious.
11. I am thankful that in 10 days, the stress level in my household should drop drastically.
12. I'm thankful for the person who invented toothbrushes - seriously.
13. I'm thankful that I made it through my entire thankfulness commitment! When I started it - I was silly enough to not realize that 1-13 blessings, on 13 days adds up to 91 things to be thankful for! I realize that it probably seemed that some of those days I was really scraping for things, and that I was so incredibly random about it all; and for that I'm sorry. But I really think that making this commitment forced me into an attitude of thankfulness in a whole new way!

No comments: